Dairy at Guelph Communications Coordinator
Temporary, Full-time (May 1-September 1, 2023) for a student
$17 per hour (plus vacation pay)
The communications coordinator will collaborate with Dairy at Guelph’s communications specialist and director to develop and implement creative, polished and engaging communication platforms and content to convey research results to dairy farmers. This position is suited to a student in communications, marketing, journalism, or agriculture with the required skills and experience. Experience in knowledge transfer in science and knowledge of agriculture and the dairy industry in particular are assets.
Position goals and requirements:
- Create written and graphic summaries of research results for dairy farmers. This includes meeting with subject matter experts, collecting information and assets, and writing plain-language summaries.
- Produce four podcasts of interviews/discussions with subject matter experts.
- Create written and multi-media content for the Dairy at Guelph website and Twitter.
- Must have excellent English writing skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, initiative and ability to work independently with guidance.
- Experience creating podcasts and working in WordPress is desired.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator and video editing tools is an asset.
Applications are due March 31.
For more career opportunities, visit the University of Guelph careers page.