- This event has passed.
Annual Dairy Research Showcase
November 2, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Dairy at Guelph is hosting its annual research showcase featuring the latest information and research from the University of Guelph – Canada’s dairy university! In addition to presentations, there will also be research poster presentations and summaries from masters, doctoral and post-doctoral students.
Dr. Ermias Kebreab set to give this year’s keynote address
Dr. Ermias Kebreab’s research interests include sustainable agriculture, modeling and mitigating emissions from animals and development of energy and nutrient use and requirement models in animal agriculture. His current research looks at using seaweed in cattle feed to reduce methane emissions.
Showcase speakers and presentations
- John Cant and David Innes on new approaches to precision feeding of dairy cows
- Giséle LaPointe presenting her team’s research on links between farm and dairy foods microbiology
- Flavio Schenkel on the genetics of heat stress resilience
- Dave Renaud sharing new research on calf health management
- Posters presented by graduate students